The Use Of Stored Forages With Stocker & Grass-Finished Cattle
There are times when supplementing pastures - not replacing them - with hay, silage or haylage justifies the beneficial use of stored forages. This is different from cow-calf production. Finishing cattle to the High Select/Low Choice grade on forages alone is not natural and requires unnaturally good forages and management.
The Use of Stored Forages with Stocker and Grass-Finished Cattle explains factors to help you determine when and how to feed stored forages.
- How stored forages can bridge seasonal flat spots;
- Details for various methods for stacking and feeding hay bales;
- How to double an animal's voluntary intake of feed;
- When to supplement during Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring;
- How to feed during extended periods of mud or precipitation.
Copyright 2016, softcover, 58 pages.