Ready Farmer One
What if you could increase your farm sales, reach new customers, streamline your sales process, and get back all the time you spend at the farmers' market?
What if this is all possible from your home office?
An online farm store makes all of this possible, and Ready Farmer One is the blueprint.
Whether you are a new farmer building a customer base or an experienced farmer who wants to increase your farm's revenue, this book will help you create, design, and market an online store.
Inside, you'll learn:
- How one farmer got his Saturdays back when he dropped his farmers market and moved his farm store online
- How to create an online store that makes it easy for customers to buy your products 24/7 with little to no involvement from you.
- Why it might be more profitable to sell more to existing customers than new customers.
- How one New York farm created systems that freed up their weekends so they could actually take vacations during the summer.
- Why your farm business is at risk if you are only selling at the farmers' market.
- Four marketing strategies to increase your farm's sales and grow your customer base.
- Why your product might not be as unique as you think it is, and how you can fix it.
- How a Washington farmers market did over $120,000 in sales their first year online
Sound too good to be true? It's not.
This book is filled with stories of farmers who have used these methods to change their farm businesses, increase sales, and free up time.
"Ready Farmer One is the most important new farming book of the next decade. I've learned a lot, and you will too." Jean-Martin Fortier, author of The Market Gardener
"I haven't been this excited for a book for a long time. I can't recommend this book highly enough." Joel Salatin, author of You Can Farm
SKU: 7740. Copyright 2022, hardcover, 395.
About the Authors
Diego Footer is best known for his farm podcasts such as Farm Small Farm Smart and Grassfed Life. Over the past ten years, Diego has traveled across the country to tell the stories of hundreds of farmers while inspiring thousands of people to start farming.
Diego is also the founder and owner of the farm tool companies Paperpot Co. and Modern Grower. He recently co-authored the book Ready Farmer One.
In his spare time, he is a YouTuber, entrepreneur, engineer, finance nerd, product designer, and writer. While all those things, he is a dad first and lives with his family in San Diego. Get inspired or have a laugh by following him on Instagram @diegofooter.
Nina Galle is a Dutch-Canadian writer and interviewer focused on helping farmers gain autonomy by owning their sales channels. As the Head of Content at Local Line, Nina built the farmer education program with dozens of videos, guidebooks, articles, and templates, all with the aim to empower farmers to get online and connect with their customers. Finding her passion for local food started during her undergrad at Dalhousie University in Ocean Science where she observed first hand that the problems facing the ocean ecosystem were largely the result of global, industrial food system. Pivoting to agricultural sciences, Nina completed and MSc in Food Systems at Wageningen University through an environmental science lens. Today, Nina continues to arm farmers with the tools, knowledge, and community they need to sell online at Local Line.
My Farmer, My Customer
New! Learn from Marty Travis's experiences converting the Spence Farm into one of the most successful farming co-ops in the United States today.