Corona, False Alarm? Facts and Figures
No other topic dominates our attention as much as coronavirus and COVID-19, the infectious disease it triggers. There's been a global deluge of contradictory opinions, fake news, and politically controlled information. Differing views on the dangers posed by the pandemic have led to deep division and confusion within governments, society and even among friends and family.
In Corona, False Alarm?, award-winning researchers Dr. Karina Reiss and Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi give clarity to these confusing and stressful times. They offer analysis of whether radical protective measures– including lockdown, social distancing, and mandatory masking– have been justified, and what the ramifications have been for society, the economy, and public health. Dr. Reiss and Dr. Bhakdi provides dates, facts, and background information, including:
- How COVID-19 compares with previous coronaviruses and the flu virus
- What infection numbers and the death rate really tell us
- The challenges around lockdown: Were the protective measures justified?
- Mandatory mask-wearing: Does the science support it?
- Does the race for a vaccine development make sense? What are the chances of success? Will the vaccine be safe? Will people accept it?
Corona, False Alarm? provides you with sound information and substantiated facts– and encourages you to form your own opinion on the corona crisis.
SKU 7631. Copyright 2020, softcover, 160 pages.