The Use Of Stored Forages With Stocker & Grass-Finished Cattle
There are times when supplementing pastures - not replacing them - with hay, silage or haylage justifies the beneficial use of stored forages. This is different from cow-calf production. Finishing cattle to the High Select/Low Choice grade on forages alone is not natural and requires unnaturally good forages and management.
The Use of Stored Forages with Stocker and Grass-Finished Cattle explains factors to help you determine when and how to feed stored forages.
- How stored forages can bridge seasonal flat spots;
- Details for various methods for stacking and feeding hay bales;
- How to double an animal's voluntary intake of feed;
- When to supplement during Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring;
- How to feed during extended periods of mud or precipitation.
Copyright 2016, softcover, 58 pages.
My Farmer, My Customer
New! Learn from Marty Travis's experiences converting the Spence Farm into one of the most successful farming co-ops in the United States today.